1. Sew the corners of the cushions on my library benches. I have these benches in my room
My little kiddos keep playing with the corners and they have become frayed really bad!
2. Make a clip chart!!! I am very excited about this one. I have my signs made, now I just need to print and laminate and attach to the ribbon. I saw one hanging from ribbons! (I think it was on Miss Kindergarten's blog) Too cute. I will post a picture once it is done.
4. Make dividers for my library books that are in storage while not in use (you know -- Christmas books, Thanksgiving books, Valentine's Day books, etc. etc.
I was inspired by this picture
I have mine painted and ready to put labels on!
Here they are ready to be painted! Took 4 coats of paint!!!!
5. Finish labeling my book baskets with new labels and labels on back of books to match! I started it in the middle of the school year (last year) and never got finished!
6. Make new numbered labels for my math tubs. I have been doing math tubs for 4 years now and I want and need new labels. I have them done, they just need printing and put on the tubs!
7. Recover my teacher chairs on rollers. They are an ugly yellow color and they need to be a nice blue color to match my classroom!
8. Make (again!) a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree. My last one was put in storage while I was teaching fifth grade and then third grade. When I took it out of storage it just fell apart! I have been wanting to make a new one now for 3 years. I have been saving my oatmeal containers and I almost have enough to get the job done. I will post pictures when it is done.
9. Redo my word wall! I have been seeing awesome posts on word walls - this one is my inspiration
I saw this one on the blog Chalk Talk.
I can't decide if I want a white background like this one or a blue background with black lines. I have my letters cut and laminated. The consonants are a turquoise blue and the vowels are red. My pictures are ready to go (need laminated) I am using pictures that match the ones in my ABC book.
10. I also want to redo my workstation boards (math and literacy)
12. Making new shapes (circle, square, rectangle, etc) out of poster board and painting them and then hanging them up in the room. Just like I did my circles for my color caterpillar shown here.
11. A few minor little things to do as well. Like putting my star words on rings, making small yesterday, today and tomorrow cards to fit in my calendar pockets.
OMG I am tired from just making this list! But my hope is that by putting it on my blog it will help to keep me accountable!!!! I will post pictures of all of my finished jobs when I post my back to school pics of my classroom!