Thursday, July 12, 2012

My DIY Behavior Clip Chart


So one of the things on my summer to do list is to make the behavior clip chart.  Here is a few pictures of what I have done so far.  My question is --- how do I hook them together?  I have seen them put together with the rings, or put onto ribbon.  I really like the ribbon idea, but will it lay flat?  And how do you adhere the cards to the ribbon?  Would hate to put a staple through the cards.  What about velcro tape?  Will it stick or will it pull off when they are clipping up and down?  Need some help and advice here!!!  Thanks in advance!

I printed up the signs and then glued them to colored card stock for durability - I still need to laminate

The "Outstanding" says "Top Notch Behavior"  I am planning on displaying their clips once the reach the top under a caption that says "Top Notch Students"  I will show a picture of that once I have it ready to go!  The "Great Day" says "You're being a great role model!"  and the "Good Day"  says "Showing Pride"



For the yellow card most of them say "Slow Down" or "Time Out"  or"Think About It"  I wanted to use "Reminder"  because to me it sounds more positive. 

So there it is!  Any suggestion on how to connect them? 

7 comments:

Heather Shelton said...

You could hook them with circle rings. I have seen a Daily 5 chart pinned with them.
I have mine all taped together and laminated.
Mrs. Shelton’s Kindergarten

My Kindergarten Kids said...

Your Behavior Clip Chart looks great! I hot glued the back of my separate pieces to the ribbon with a bow on top. I attached it to a cork strip at the top of my white board. I also added a few dot magnets to hold it down. It held all year, even with 24 kindergarten clips. I have some pics on my blog too! :)
My Kindergarten Kids

Unknown said...

My clip chart is similar - I'm with you, last year I used velcro dots with my kid's names on them so I didn't have to clip anything onto the side- I think maybe command clips can hold the top and bottom and still give you room to clip around the sides?! I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Lisa R. said...

Your behavior clip chart looks great!! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

catherine said...

I like your yellow reminder card about taking time to think about good choices and your puppy is so cute. Your newest follower :)

Catherine
Kinder Cuties

Just Wild About Teaching said...

omgg this is sooo cute .....im your newest follower...drop by =)


justwildaboutteaching.blogspot.com

rooneyhunt said...

I have been thinking about using a behavior chart this year. I love the ones I see out here in blog land, but your is perfect as I use the word "reminder" too in my class!! Would you be willing to share your chart?

~Amy
ahunt@narragansett.k12.ri.us